Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Comics, Rock and Roll and More Comics!

So I had a busy last couple days. I think I had more social interaction in the past three days than I normally have all month. That's kinda sad. Anyways, after the NYC Comics Jam and the Drink and Draw Like a Lady on Friday, I went to MoCCA Fest bright and early on Saturday. I was able to pick up some really cool stuff, but unfortunately I didn't have as much money to spend as last year, So I wasn't able to buy everything I wanted.


The cool stuff I bought. Comics, art books, prints and cool batman and Sherlock Holmes stickers!

Some cool postcards and business cards I picked up. I spent a long time going through all these plus many more that aren't pictured and visiting the artist's websites and subscribing to some of their blogs and Tumblrs.


Sunday night I went to check out The Breathing Light, a band featuring guitars and vocals from an old buddy of mine from high school. I had an awesome time and got to hear some other cool bands as well.


Some blurry pics from the show.



Also, while wandering around Greenpoint I stumbled upon a box of free books on the curb. I decided to dig through it to see if there was anything good. I found this interesting looking comic by Kevin Huizenga.

That book I just mentioned!


BONUS! Since we are on the topic of comics, I decided to post some never before posted journal comics from last year. This is actually the first time I've gone back and looked at them since I inked them. Some of them are actually kind of funny, so look forward to seeing a couple more of these in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!

(Warning cartoon booby)




(Unfortunately this comic is no longer relevant as it is no longer the drunkest I've ever been.)



No comments: