Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So, This is a blog...


Today I start my blog. I suppose this is a long time coming. I have thought long and hard about whether I should even create a blog. Then I decided, “yes, yes I should”. The reason I am doing this is to show people what I can do, let them know what it is I want to achieve, and invite them to join me or just watch me screw everything up.

I am an animation student at Columbia College. In a year from now, I will be graduating and joining the real world. For a long time now, I have been working as an English tutor. I tutored during high school and then when I came to Columbia. Most recently, I worked at UIC tutoring for their Upward Bound summer program. Therefore, along with my dream of being an animator, I also want to continue being an English tutor and fighting adult illiteracy. I am passionate about this. After I graduate I hope to continue tutoring. I am currently applying for Teach for America. If I am accepted, I will spend two years teaching kids in an inner city school. Do not misconstrue the “Teach for America” thing for a substitute to being an animator. I plan to use my time outside of school to continue animating and drawing. My long-term dream is to create animated PSAs and do something meaningful with animation.

Oh yeah, about the blog… So, on this blog I plan to post my artwork and continue to update you on my journey into the real world. So, stay tuned…

1 comment:

Evan Minsker said...

A blog? I have one of those.

evanlistens.blogspot.com/