Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Holiday Card 2012

So, now that everyone I sent cards to has actually gotten their card, I figured I'd post some pics of the process and the final card for the rest of the world to see. 

I decided that I wanted to do an ice skating picture, a cute little winter scene. John and I used to go ice skating quite a bit in the early years of our relationship before I acquired an allergy to the cold. Anyways, this picture isn't depicting any time in particular, but is sort of representational of our individual abilities as ice skaters (just don't ask John about that). I posted two of the original rough sketches from my sketchbook in a previous post: here

Rough sketch once I figured out the composition of the piece.

Inked version.

Just about done with the colored inks.

Final version after a couple edits in Photoshop.



Bonus: A quick little sketch of me with my morning tea. Enjoy!

You can see last year's card here.

No comments: