Saturday, April 28, 2012

MoCCA Fest!

I spent the day today at MoCCA Fest. For those not in the know, MoCCA Fest is the annual fundraiser for the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art. It's a cool comic convention where both amateur and veteran comic artists meet and show off and sell their wares. I had an awesome time checking out everybody's work and chatting with a couple of cool artists. Below are some pictures of the cool swag I walked away with.


The top part of this picture is all the free stuff I got: business cards, postcards, a couple of books and zines and even some pens! 



Here's a closer look at some of the stuff I purchased. Some was as low as $1! There were so many amazing artists, and I wish I could have bought more stuff. But alas, I am poor. I even told Liz Prince that I wanted to buy all her comics, but I didn't have enough money. She said that's what all of her fans say. 
After doing a quick count it turns out that of all the stuff I purchased, it is exactly split, half female artists and half male. I suppose it doesn't matter that much, but it was cool to see a lot of women representing!

 (Sorry the pictures are kinda blurry, I took them with my phone.)


While at the fest I also participated in a cool little function known as Dare to Draw. It's a live model drawing challenge specifically for comics artists. I didn't win any of the challenges, but I kinda liked some of the quick sketches I did. Enjoy!




The models held action props like swords and guns and stuff.






No comments: